Seven Small Changes With Big Impact
(Family Features) Ever envy those beautiful homes that seem to get redecorated with every new season? The latest and greatest looks are easy to incorporate if you keep your furnishings neutral and the décor uncluttered. From there, it's just a matter of bringing in a few simple touches that create a big impact.
Start with one or two easy projects and you will quickly transform your house into a place you're proud to call home.
1. Transform With Paint - Every interior designer will tell you the quickest way to transform a home is with a fresh coat of paint. Greet guests with a beautiful new door color. It will give your entire home a facelift with very little time and effort.
2. Warm Things Up - The look of hardwood brings warmth to every room in the house. Even kitchen and bathroom spaces can benefit from the addition of wood-look tiles, such as Forest Park from Daltile (www.daltile.com),
which are easy to clean, water resistant, and durable, but with the beauty and ambiance of traditional hardwood. Throw rugs are a great way to accent a wood-look floor and are easy to swap out with the change of season or style.
3. Keep it Clean - Kitchens are prime gathering places and just keeping them clean and uncluttered will transform the look and feel of an entire house. Leave just one or two appliances on the countertops, add fresh flowers and hang a pair of colorful kitchen towels to brighten the space.
4. Make a Space Pop - Add a pop of color and texture with new tile, such as American Olean's Garden Oasis featuring Oceanside Glass Tile. The tiles, which can be seen at www.americanolean.com, come in various shapes, sizes, colors and patterns, so you can easily show off your own creative style anywhere.
5. Throw on Some Pillows - Filling a room with furnishings in neutral shades is actually the simplest way to embrace new decorating trends. Give a monochromatic room an instant makeover with pillows, artwork and tchotchkes. It's an inexpensive way to change things up whenever the mood strikes.
6. Be Neighborly - Even if you only have room for a small pot of flowers, make your front porch welcoming. If possible, set out some chairs for neighborly chats, place a small table between for refreshments and add plenty of cushions for comfort.
7. Let There Be Light - Instantly change the look and feel of a room just by changing the lighting. Simply change your bulbs to one offering more natural light or swap out the entire light fixture for instant beauty.
Whether you update one room or transform your entire house, these simple changes will turn your home into a sanctuary that truly reflects your own personal style.
Photo Caption: American Olean's Garden Oasis tile collection featuring OceansideGlass Tile brings color, texture and dimension to a room.
NOTE:Lenny's Carpet and Floor Center does not carry every style of product. Check with us first about a particular product or to see if your product choice is available for special order.
Daltile is the country's leading manufacturer and distributor of ceramic, porcelain tile & natural stone. Built on a tradition of outstanding design, quality, and service, we set the standard for the entire industry. For over 70 years and counting, we answer the question WHY TILE? with trustworthy tile for floor, wall, and countertop that is proudly made in the USA.
Profile | Website | Design Tools